Saturday, May 8, 2010

9th May Harry Horse (1960 - 2007) Mothers Day




I am really enjoying doing this blog. I have learned so much incidental trivia. I remember when I first bought a Harry Horse book, thinking that can't be his real name, surely. Well now I know that it isn't. It is a pen name for Richard Horne, born in England but died and worked in Scotland. He was a political cartoonist for Scottish papers, but began a second career in children's books with The Last Polar Bears and then followed it with a series of five very gentle books about Little Rabbit and other picture books. He died far too young in what seems to have been a suicide pact with his terminally ill wife. He certainly seems to have been an interesting person with many talents with both words and pictures.

Mothers Day books tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment