Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10th May Linda Glaser


Linda Glaser is an American author who understands how difficult it is for some children to learn to read. She says on her website that 'when I was a kid, I used to say I hated reading. That's because it was so hard for me. I struggled and struggled and sometimes feared I’d never get the hang of it. However, I loved books! Some of my fondest memories are of being read to by my mother. I still love being read to. But I did finally learn to read on my own - in third grade.' Linda has a keen interest in the environment and immigration and the themes of her books reflect this. Her books are not so easy to find in Australia, but my library has her long poem Our Big Home; An Earth Poem which is illustrated by Elisa Kleven and it is a gem. I hope Emma's Poem comes here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment