Thursday, July 28, 2011

27th July Richard Cowdrey Parents' Day





Richard Cowdrey is the Americanillustrator responsible for making John Grogan's Marley, the dog that every young child wants to read about. Marley is mischievous and loveable at the same time and now there are a large number of picture books about him to choose from. Of course Cowdrey illustrates other things and has a lot of book covers to his credit too, but it is his Marley books that attract the children in my library.

I am not sure the children I teach think they need Parents' Day. 'Isn't Mothers Day and Fathers Day enough?' said one of my charmers once. But it is a good excuse to look at three books which make children laugh.
Wanted: Perfect Parents by John Kimmelman
My Mum and Dad Make Me Laugh by Nick Sharratt
Weird Parents by Audrey Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment