Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Champions Read 5 - Music, Dance and Theatre







I had fun wandering around the library collecting together biographies for this category. Once again I found quite a few and had to sit and reread many of them. How inspiring!

For music I found:
Beethoven Lives Upstairs by Barbara Nichol
I, Vivaldi by Janice Shefelman & Tom Schefelman
Play, Mozart, Play! by Peter Sis
Mozart: The Wonder Child by Diane Stanley
For the Love of Music: The Remarkable Story of Maria Anna Mozart by Elizabeth Rusch, Steve Johnson & Lou Fancher
Dizzy by Jonah Winter & Sean Qualls (story of Dizzy Gillespie)
The Red Piano by Andre Leblanc (the story of pianist Zhu Xiao-Mei, who grew up in China during the cultural revolution)
Song of the Dove by Errol Broome & Sonia Kretschmer (story of composer Bellini after he has written his tenth opera)

For mime:
Marcel Marceau: Master of Mime by Gloria Speilman & Manon Gauthier

For dance:
The Peasant Prince by Li Cunxin and Anne Spudvilas
I Dreamed I was a Ballerina by Anna Pavlova & Edgar Degas

For performing:
The Little Refugee by Anh Do, Suzanne Do and Bruce Whatley (story of Australian comedian)

No comments:

Post a Comment