Friday, August 30, 2013

30th August Julie Paschkis (1957)

I was so happy to find out that it was Julie Paschkis's birthday as she is up there in my top ten favourite illustrators and she wasn't on my birthday calendar. With my Year 2 Book Club we have been reading picture book biographies and four of the books have illustrations by Julie Paschkis. Of course she illustrates other genres as well but these four books are wonderful examples of her art. On her website you can see her other talents such as papercuts, fabric and paintings. Hopefully, like me you will be amazed.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to this amazing illustrator I can see why she is one of your favourites. I wish her Nutcracker book was still in print. I have ordered the cookie and apple pie ones... Can you make a blog entry with your other 9 favourites. How did I miss this artist? Her web site is so rich and delicious.

    ReplyDelete