Friday, March 25, 2016

30th March Manatee Appreciation Day



We have a toy walrus in the library and we only have one book on walruses to loan out with it. We have more books on manatees, but no toy. We even have books on dugongs. This dilemma started me on a search and I found out about Manatee Appreciation Day. Manatees and dugongs are sirena and both need appreciation so as to be protected from becoming extinct. On Tuesday I will make sure these books are put out on display in the library. And I need to continue my search for a toy manatee or dugong and some more books about walruses!



1 comment:

  1. We only have one book on walruses too! I have sent you an email link for a manatee Aussie supplier. I will add your manatee dugong books to my shopping list. I have a teacher who adores these gentle creatures.

    ReplyDelete